SAC Charitable Trust
In an effort to reach out and bring the arts to an even wider audience, the Scottish Arts Club has established a Charitable Trust – The Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust – the principle aims of which are:
- to advance all forms of the creative arts in Scotland,
- to improve the accessibility of all forms of the creative arts to the general public, and
- to encourage and assist in the development of up-and-coming artists, exhibitors and performers in all forms of the creative arts.
Amongst the things we plan to do to achieve our aims are to:
- organise exhibitions and performances, open to the general public, of the work of student and aspiring artists, exhibitors and performers from all branches of the creative arts,
- give awards for excellence in the creative arts and, funds permitting, to make grants to individuals and/or organisations for educational purposes, or for particular projects related to the creative arts, and
- organise classes, lectures and seminars, for members of the general public with an interest in the creative arts.
Of course, we already do all of these things, but, through the Trust, we can go about them in a more planned and targeted way, and we will enjoy tax advantages that will enable us to make our slender resources go further.
The Trust is the charitable arm of the Scottish Arts Club, set up within the OSCR framework, and it is hoped that Club members will appreciate the opportunity it affords to share their passion for the arts with others, particularly the young. If the Trust is to achieve its aims, we need your help. We need your ideas and suggestions on what we might do and who might help us to do it; we need your assistance in running events — and we need your financial support.
We will be seeking to attract sponsorship from outwith the Club for a number of our activities, such as our regular exhibitions and Members’ Evenings, and for our Saturday lunchtime concerts, which can provide young artists, musicians and performers with a welcoming and supportive platform, from which they can show their talents to members and the wider public.
So, if you have contacts for sponsorship, would like to donate, or are willing to help in any way, please get in touch with any of the trustees. They are all Club members — Charlie Scott, David Lyle, Gordon Mitchell, Hilary Mounfield and Tom Drake.